This 7-ingredient Artichoke Pie recipe is perfect for Easter or Mother’s Day brunch or as a light meal with a salad.
I almost put this easy Artichoke Pie in my upcoming cookbook Skinnytaste Simple, but it didn’t make the cut. It’s so simple to make with frozen pie crust, canned artichoke hearts, eggs, sauteed onions, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella. It’s similar to a quiche but with a little less egg and no cream or milk, like this Zucchini Pie. This lovely dish is perfect for spring. If you’re having a brunch, and want more dishes to add you may also want to make these sheet pan pancakes and baked oatmeal with this mixed berry cobbler for dessert.
Artichoke Pie Ingredients
- Onion: Chop one large onion.
- Pie Crust: Buy a nine-inch frozen pie crust.
- Artichoke Hearts: Drain and quarter a can of artichokes.
- Eggs: You’ll need four large eggs.
- Cheese: Grated parmesan and shredded part-skim mozzarella
- Parsley: Chop fresh parsley.
How to Make Artichoke Pie
- Onions: Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add the oil and onions once hot. Sauté for 10 to 12 minutes until golden and almost crispy.
- Eggs: Beat the eggs with the Parmesan and parsley in a medium bowl.
- Assemble the pie: Place the artichokes and onions on the pie crust. Pour the eggs over the vegetables and top with mozzarella.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the eggs are set.
How to Store
Leftover pie will last up to four days in the fridge. Reheat it in the microwave until warm.
What to Serve with Artichoke Pie
This delicious artichoke pie is great any time of day. Below are some serving suggestions:
- Onions: Use leeks or shallots instead of onions or omit them altogether.
- Herbs: Sub parsley for fresh basil.
- Pie Crust: If you’re feeling ambitious, you can make your own pie crust.
- Cheese: Swap parmesan for Pecorino Romano or mozzarella for shredded Swiss or Gruyere.
More Artichoke Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 /8th slice
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. When hot add the oil and onions and sauté until golden and almost crispy, about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the Parmesan and parsley.
Place the artichokes and the onions on the pie crust, pour the eggs over and top with mozzarella.
Bake until the eggs are set, about 40 to 45 minutes.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 /8th slice, Calories: 229 kcal, Carbohydrates: 17 g, Protein: 12.5 g, Fat: 13 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 107.5 mg, Sodium: 401 mg, Fiber: 4 g, Sugar: 1 g