“Delightful, fresh, and an undeniable SNACK” is our usual morning mantra. We start by saying these descriptors in the mirror, then we grab our blenders and whip up this (delightful, fresh, snack-able) raspberry smoothie. Coincidence? Nah. You are what you eat, after all!
Just 6 ingredients and 5 minutes required for this creamy, sweet treat! It’s also the perfect base for a scoop of protein powder or some salty chocolate granola. Time to get your snack on, friends! Let us show you how it’s done!
To get this smoothie going, you’ll need just a handful of simple ingredients! Frozen raspberries and banana create the creamy, tart-sweet base, while dairy-free yogurt and cashew butter add richness.
Then add your choice of milk to get the blender whirling and some cacao nibs for crunchy pops of chocolate flavor.
If you want it sweeter, add in some pitted dates, or if you want it to be more filling, add in your favorite protein powder (we recommend vanilla).
We hope you LOVE this raspberry chip smoothie! It’s:
Studded with chocolate
& SO quick & easy!
It’s a satisfying snack or on-the-go breakfast, especially if you opt to add protein powder! Or enjoy as a gorgeous smoothie bowl topped with cacao nibs, fresh fruit, and your favorite granola. We especially love it with our Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Granola!
More Berry Smoothie Recipes
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Servings 2 (~1 ¼ cup servings)
- 1 cup dairy-free milk (plain, unsweetened // we used almond)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen sliced banana (1 large banana yields ~1 cup or 150 g)
- 2 Tbsp dairy-free yogurt (we used coconut yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter (we like Artisana // see notes if nut-free*)
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs (or sub dark chocolate chips)
ADD INS optional
- 1-2 large medjool dates, pitted (for added sweetness)
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice (we recommend vanilla)
- In a high-speed blender, combine dairy-free milk, frozen raspberries, frozen bananas, yogurt, and cashew butter. Blend on high until smooth. Taste and adjust, adding pitted dates for more sweetness or protein powder for a more filling smoothie.
- Add cacao nibs and pulse/blend very briefly to mix them in — about 3 seconds. Option to garnish with more yogurt, cacao nibs, fresh raspberries, or granola for texture!
Best when fresh. Keeps for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator, but it will get thinner in texture. You could also freeze into an ice cube tray and re-blend later (adding more dairy-free milk as needed to encourage blending), or freeze into popsicles!
*Nut-free option: We tested this with tahini and it added a very slight bitterness, but we still enjoyed it. We haven’t tried sunflower butter, but we think it would also work!
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients.
Serving: 1 serving Calories: 257 Carbohydrates: 32.3 g Protein: 5.8 g Fat: 14.3 g Saturated Fat: 5.3 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.7 g Monounsaturated Fat: 5.4 g Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 93 mg Potassium: 563 mg Fiber: 7.1 g Sugar: 15 g Vitamin A: 16 IU Vitamin C: 18.2 mg Calcium: 258 mg Iron: 2.2 mg