No time? No problem! This Easy Pizza Dough recipe isn’t only super fast and insanely easy.. it’s also incredibly delicious!! With just a handful of ingredients, 5 minutes, and a food processor, you can create a deliciously thin and chewy pizza dough that tastes every bit as good as one from the pizzeria.
Fast & Easy Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
Homemade pizza dough doesn’t have to be complicated.. or time consuming! In years past when I didn’t have time to make my favorite pizza dough, I would rely on Greek pita bread or store-bought pizza dough. Those options are ok for a quick and easy dinner, but aren’t nearly as satisfying.
Then came this pizza dough recipe. I was skeptical. A food processor? No kneading or rising? And in a mere 5 minutes?? It sounded too good to be true. Sure, it looked fast and easy. But was it any good? I was so thrilled to discover that not only was it indeed fast and easy.. it was GOOD. Not just ‘this-is-good-for-a-5-minute-pizza-crust’ good, but the kind of good that gets you all excited and eager to tell all of your friends about it. Are you ready?
Ingredients you’ll need for this Fast & Easy Pizza Dough:
- Very Warm Water– The temperature of the water is important for activating the yeast.
- Olive Oil– We like the flavor of olive oil in our pizza dough, but you can use any neutral flavored oil.
- Yeast– We used active dry yeast, but you can use instant yeast also.
- Sugar– The sugar helps to feed the yeast. You can also use honey.
- Flour– We used bread flour, you can also use all-purpose or whole wheat flour.
- Parmesan Cheese– Freshly grated Parmesan is yummy here, but pre-grated works also.
- Salt– Salt is very important to the overall flavor of your bread dough.
How to Make Super Fast & Easy Pizza Dough:
- Activate yeast. Add the water, sugar, oil, and yeast to a small bowl or liquid measuring cup. Whisk to combine. Set aside and allow the mixture to get foamy.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Add the flour, Parmesan cheese, and salt to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Add the liquid and create your dough. With the food processor running, slowly pour in the yeast mixture. Continue processing until the mixture comes together and form a shaggy ball. This can take about a minute.
- Roll out the dough. Dump out the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead a few times to allow the dough to come together into a ball. Cut the dough in half. Quickly roll out the dough, creating a circle that is roughly 11 inches in diameter. Carefully place the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Use immediately! This dough really is best when used right away! You can refrigerate the dough and use within 3-5 days by wrapping tightly in plastic wrap if needed.
More Delicious Pizza Recipes:
Super Fast and Easy Pizza Dough
This Easy Pizza Dough recipe isn’t only super fast and insanely easy.. it’s also incredibly delicious!! With just a handful of ingredients, 5 minutes, and a food processor, you can create a deliciously thin and chewy pizza dough that tastes every bit as good as one from the pizzeria.
Servings: 2 medium pizzas
- 1 cup very warm water almost hot to the touch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast or instant yeast
- 2 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoons salt
Preheat your oven to 475℉.
In a small bowl, add water, oil, sugar and yeast. Let it proof until bubbly – this should take about 5 minutes or less. If the mixture doesn’t get puffy and bubbly, it probably means that your yeast isn’t good anymore.
In the bowl of a food processor, add flour, Parmesan cheese and salt. Pulse until well combined. Turn the food processor to on, and slowly pour the yeast mixture in. Let it run until the mixture starts to form a dough ball. It is ok if it looks shaggy.
Pour the dough onto a lightly floured surface, and cut into two even halves. Use your palm to flatten the dough ball into a disc. Roll the disc from the center with a rolling pin out to the edge, turning the dough each time you roll it to create an even circle. The end circle should be around 11 inches in diameter.
Transfer the dough circle to a pizza pan or pizza stone. Add pizza sauce, then cheese, then your favorite toppings.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the cheese in the middle of the pizza is bubbly and melted.
This makes enough dough for 2 medium pizzas. This dough is best used when it is freshly made and truly only takes 15 minutes! You can refrigerate the dough and use within 3-5 days by wrapping tightly in plastic wrap if needed.
Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 185mg | Potassium: 30mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 0.001mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.2mg
I’m a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.
Learn More about Natalie