Get ready for the drink that will be on repeat all summer: this hibiscus orange mocktail! Bright, zesty, fruity, and perfectly sweet, it tastes kind of like virgin sangria (summer dreams coming true!).
PLUS, it’s naturally sweetened and made with just 6 simple ingredients. What are you waiting for? Let’s get these drinks going!
This sparkling mocktail begins with a base of mango (for body + natural sweetness), orange (for big citrus vibes), and lime (for brightness). We add just enough maple syrup to sweeten without overpowering and blend it up with water into a sweet, zesty concentrate.
To the concentrate, we add a strong brewed hibiscus tea made with dried hibiscus flowers steeped in boiling water for 15 minutes. It’s tangy, floral, and a rich source of antioxidants and other healing properties (source).
The result is a vibrant red-orange concentrate ready to divide between serving glasses and top with sparkling water. It’s a bubbly, blissful, BEAUTIFUL beverage!
We hope you LOVE this sparkling mocktail! It’s:
& Tastes like virgin sangria!
This summer-in-a-glass drink is perfect for everything from BBQs to lounging by the pool, staycations, long days in the sun, and so much more.
More Sunny Weather Sips
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Servings 8 (Servings)
Prevent your screen from going dark
- 3 cups water (DIVIDED)
- 1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers (find here or at most tea shops or in the bulk section at health food stores)
- 1 cup cubed ripe mango (fresh, or thawed if frozen)
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 large orange, juiced (1 orange yields ~1/3 cup or 80 ml)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (1/2 lime yields ~1 Tbsp or 15 ml)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- 4 cups sparkling water
In a saucepan, bring 2 cups (480 ml) water to a boil (adjust amount if altering batch size). Add the dried hibiscus, cover, and turn off the heat. Let steep for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to a high-speed blender, add 1 cup (240 ml) water, cubed mango, orange zest, orange juice, lime juice, and maple syrup. Blend on high until very smooth. Once the hibiscus tea is brewed, strain it and pour into the blender. Give it one more pulse to fully combine. Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
To serve, pour 1/2 cup (120 ml) of the juice concentrate into a glass over ice and top with 1/3-1/2 cup (80-120 ml) sparkling water — less sparkling water for a more flavorful drink and more sparkling water for a lighter drink. Top with an optional orange slice and enjoy.
The juice concentrate will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for up to 7 days. Or, pour in an ice cube tray to freeze for longer-term storage.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients.
Serving: 1 serving Calories: 51 Carbohydrates: 12.9 g Protein: 0.2 g Fat: 0.1 g Saturated Fat: 0 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g Monounsaturated Fat: 0 g Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 2 mg Potassium: 86 mg Fiber: 0.4 g Sugar: 11.4 g Vitamin A: 38 IU Vitamin C: 14 mg Calcium: 24 mg Iron: 0 mg